South Melbourne is one of the city’s oldest suburbs and is centrally located, 2km from the CBD and Melbourne’s Arts Precinct. Dance World Studios occupies one of the quieter, leafier streets, within walking distance to public transport, the iconic South Melbourne Markets and countless cafes.
While the interior of Dance World Studios is modern, the exterior of the building tells a historic tale, erected in the 1870s. Today, the brick walls house fully equipped dance studios and music rooms. There is a creative energy and atmosphere that these facilities inspire and is home for full-time and part-time dance & musical theatre programs. The venue prides itself on its maintenance and cleanliness and boasts natural light and a beautiful outdoor terrace for breaks.
Dance World Studios offers studios for hire and hosts auditions and rehearsals for professional musical theatre productions; independent shows; dance examinations; workshops and classes.
To enquire about the rates & availability
• 7 fully dance equipped studios and music rooms
• Studio converted into a theatrette, capacity 100 people sitting. Equipped with lighting and sound system
• Dressing rooms with showers and lockers
• Audio-visual and video equipment for class lectures and rehearsals
• Recording studio
• Fully integrated, network based office and administrative support.